Tuesday 22 October 2013

Where I've Gone

Pilgrims, and guests, and pilgrims with bedbugs.
Spanish language lessons that combine subjunctive mood with preterite perfect that I cannot fathom. (the rest of the class is skipping right along just fine... I think that is the worst part!)
Rain and mud.
Kim being here, which is lovely and very helpful, (she is building a Peaceable website) and Kim having to go back to Florida, which is very dreary indeed. She just got here!
And the headaches. Behind my left eye. I wake up in the night with them. The doctor just says "take a paracetamol." They go on and on.
I am slimming down for Philip's wedding. We are following a vegan diet throughout the day, and let ourselves have regular food after 6 p.m. It improves our overall intake. Jury is out on the weight loss advantages.
Momo keeps jumping up on the kitchen counter.
We still have six dogs. The little one is growing fast and digging holes in the flower beds. No solution on the horizon on how to get her to Sweden. Everyone loves this little Ruby, but no one wants her. It is very sad-making.
I cleared out the garden beds, turned over the earth, worked in some fresh manure. Tons of vegetables to do something with.
The grape harvest is in. I made eight jars of jelly that are more like syrup. Really good grape syrup. I ordered some pectin, so I can try making jelly that gels (I still have tons of grapes, and now I have a ton of figs as well.) The pectin arrived, but then a gang of pilgrims arrived too. No time for it all.
Oh, and I am writing a book. I am writing well enough to not want to do anything else at all.
Not even blogs. Sorry.

3 comments:

EileenHamer said...

Ha! for the subjunctive. I'm still totally in the present tense! No room for--and no vocabulary for--doubts. The pilgrims will have to slow down soon, won't they? Winter should discourage the little buggers. slogging through icy slush would discourage me. And then you can write. And write. Just you, six dogs, a few miscellaneous critters,paddy and . .

Anonymous said...

at least you are writing! And taking care of the whole world...

Kim (and I) will be back...and then you have all that grape syrup....

love, k

ksam said...

Here's to hoping the headaches go away. Soon. Amazing what things like that will do to your overall outlook!